You can be eligible to be a baby nurse if you hold a college level certificate in child development, nutrition or nursing. Baby nurses can have ad-on certificationsin lactation and doula training. The training course also includes infant first aid and CPR. Baby nursing training can be taken by infant care givers, daycare teachers, child care providers etc.
Like any other course, baby nurse training should be economical, convenient and practical.
There are a number of institutes which offer baby nurse certifications
• HealthForce Training Centre by Synergy International
Newborn Care Specialist Program (baby nurse) gives the advantage of course and certification from the American Heart Association Pediatric CPR AED.
• The course allows professional certification
• The course provides you with the required knowledge and skills
• Allows you get a better pay package
• Provides with knowledge on the latest childcare standards
HealthForce Training Centre by Synergy International provides you with the following certifications
• Newborn Care Certificate of Completion
• Adult and Infant choking Certificate
• Infant massage Cetificate of Attendance
• Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Certificate of Completion
• Course card of American Heart Association- Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
The institute also offers assistance in writing resume and getting you an employer. The best performing nurses can be in the employment referral program.
The course offers following subjects and training
• Infant Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Training
• Pediatric First Aid Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) AED (automated external defibrillator)
• Newborn Care Student Manual
• Manuals on Daily Record-Keeping Log sheets
It is a 2 full day long intensive course which provide aspiring nurses all the information and the basic competency text. The students will be given study material, booklets and handouts.
Why is it important to have certification of baby nurse?
After postpartum it is a difficult job to take care of yourself and also the baby. Health of new born is very important and needs utmost care. You won’t be able to handle any health issues and crying and weeping babies. It adds stress to the mother. You just cannot handover yourself and the baby to any person without any certification and experience.
Untrained and unskilled Baby Nurse can make it difficult for the baby and also to the parents. Proper training ensures studying the baby habits such as sleeping, eating, playing etc. and maintaining records and manuals to help family understand the baby in absence of nurse. Baby nurse helps in maintaining health and nutrition of baby and can guide parents on the health issue if any.
They teach a new mother how to clean the umbilical cord, bathe the baby, wash and sterilize the baby bottles and to keep track of daily needs of your baby. It is important to change and clean the diapers.
To be a baby nurse you should have an unconditional love and patience towards the baby.